The New 2014 Bugaboo Bee³
We have heard the exciting news that there is a Bugaboo Bee³ is on the way in September 2014!!
We believe that production of the current Bee Plus has already stopped, and we understand that the new Bugaboo Bee 3 will be on sale in September 2014.
Bugaboo claim to have taken the very successful Bugaboo Bee Plus, and have made this fabulous pushchair even better:
- We understand that the new Bugaboo Bee³ will have a carrycot option for a newborn baby. The Bugaboo Bassinet will convert the Bugaboo Bee3 buggy into a light weight pram. The Bassinet attaches to the pushchair; will sit high off the ground; will be easy to carry; and will be soft and lightweight. It will afford a new baby more protection in the early days, and will allow a young baby to be moved from the stroller without disturbing their sleep. The carrycot can be removed from the chassis with two clicks.
The Bugaboo Bee³ will still have the cocoon option for a newborn baby, for those who prefer that cosy option.
- The new 2014 Bugaboo Bee³ will also have new fabrics and colours. The new fabrics are softer, but are now stronger and longer lasting than previously. The fabrics have been specially designed to be water resistant and yet are washable. The fabrics can be swapped for a fresh look.
- There will be a new extendable sun canopy for the Bugaboo Bee3 which will have UPF50+ protection. These hoods will be similar to the new Donkey, Buffalo and Cameleon³ ones in the way they extend. However the fabric is a new stretchy type fabric.
- The basket is bigger which will mean more ‘stuff’ can be carried on board. The capacity has increased from 16 to 22 litres. Apparently access to the storage basket is easier too.
- There is a new 5 point harness which is going to make it very easy to put a child in and out of the Bugaboo Bee³. It is going to be simple to adjust.
- The ride has been improved to make it smoother, with new wheels.
- We are pleased to see that the chassis has been improved and will be sturdy, stronger and more solid. This will be a huge improvement for us here at BBHQ.
- The raincover has been improved. We believe it is longer to keep little feet and the footmuff dry. We hope that it will fit better when parent facing.
The new 2014 Bugaboo Bee³ stroller will have the following options:
- Two different colour chassis options: Aluminum or Black
- Four different seat fabric options: Red, Black, Grey Melange or Dark Khaki
- Eight different Sun Canopy Options: Off White, Dark Khaki, Red, Soft Pink, Ice Blue, Black, Bright Yellow or Grey Melange. There are a total of 64 possible colour combinations to choose from!
The new 2014 Bugaboo Bee³ Bassinet will come with:
- A black base with a choice of four Tailored Fabric Options: Red, Black, Grey Melange or Dark Khaki.
We noted earlier in the year that hot pink was going to be phased out in 2014, and we did note that this colour was not included in the Bugaboo fabric options (above), which Bugaboo shared recently on their Facebook page.
We understand that Bugaboo have a new stroller board with a built in toddler seat on the way. This is great news.
With Diesel fabrics, and the last Andy Warhol fabrics, yet to be released, 2014 will have been quite a year for Bugaboo!
NOTE: This information has been rephrased and rewritten from what we understand are descriptions of the new Bee 3 by Bugaboo. We believe the information above is factually correct, however we will alter or remove anything should this not be the case.
Other Bugaboo Bee Reviews: