Initial Review of the Mountain Buggy Duet by Cat
Ok, this will only be a quick review of the Mountain Buggy Duet as I haven’t played around with it a lot yet.
It comes packed really simply in a big sturdy box. You pull everything out, open the buggy up, snap on the 4 wheels, attach the hoods and away you go. So simple. But I wish the instructions had more words along with the photos.
It is a visual tease. It looks like a wide double buggy. It feels like a wide double buggy because of a nice long handlebar. We looked at it and thought, “it can’t be right, it won’t fit through our door”??? We said “no way that’s the same width as the baby jogger city select”???
BUT it does and it is. It’s a brain freeze type of buggy. You honestly will not appreciate or understand how it works until you see it in the flesh. I was pushing it around the village thinking, hang on, it won’t fit, BUT IT DOES. It’s a very very clever little double. But don’t be worried about it being too narrow. The seats are generous and my twin 12 month olds looked quite comfy in it.
It pushes lovely, turns round in tiny little circles and goes up curbs easy. It’s sturdy and doesn’t feel heavy to push at all. The seats are quite roomy and the hoods are amazing. They’re a bit stiff right now being new, but they come down nicely and the extra little sun visor works nicely. Three little niggles about the hoods – they’ve got velcro on the windows – why why why not use magnets? There are gaps in the sides and in the middle where they meet up. Not sure about this yet, but will see when the weather gets colder whether drafts get in. Now my big niggle is that where the one handed fold mechanism should be near the handle bar is empty. But the hood has a nice square hole to accommodate it. It looks ridiculous and I can’t understand how MB allowed it to be shipped out like this. I really do believe that MB should replace the hood for a new one without the hole.
The verdict is out on how it folds. It is stiff right now, so only time will tell if it gets easier for me. I’m short and find it hard to push up both clips to get it to fold. I personally would have liked the one fold mechanism at the top.
The handle bar adjusts easily – very nice, but not sure about the rubber they used. Mine has a fault – a tear – so please check yours carefully incase it’s a fault with the material.
The wheels might need inflating a bit and tighten the black valve caps unless you want to loose them!!!!
It goes uphill easily, fields easily, up kerbs easily and went round the aisles in the local shop easy peasy.
The recline is totally flat and is quite easy to use, it doesn’t go down with a clunk or too fast either.
I haven’t got carrycots or carseats, so can’t comment on those.
My raincover arrives next week, so will try that out then.
It’s not light to carry, but it’s not too heavy either. When folded, I couldn’t lift the baby jogger city mini twin because of the weight and the shape of it folded. I can carry the Duet from the house and up into the boot ok. I can’t skip and jump, but it’s managable. It just fits in our boot with the wheels on. Some cars I think you’ll have to have a play with removing wheels etc.
It folds down pretty fast and I’ve noticed that the front wheel axles can get quite a hammering on tarmac, so I’ve bought a cheap rubber boot liner to put on the floor when opening and closing the buggy. I do not want to damage an expensive buggy, so this is an option for you. I may be doing it wrong, but we’ve both had a go and both did the same.
It’s a great double buggy. Light, sturdy and narrow. Don’t be fooled that it’s too narrow, it’s not. It really is a nice double. I’m not sure whether I would have bought it if it had been around when the twins were tiny. I quite like the idea of seeing the babies in carrycots but I really enjoyed my Baby Jogger City Select and it’s versatility.
After just using it 3 times now, I do like it a lot.
Other Latest Pushchair Reviews Reviews:
- Babystyle Oyster Max Review - Submitted to Best Buggy
- Silver Cross Wayfarer Review by Best Buggy
- Micralite Twofold Review by Best Buggy
- Phil and Teds Vibe Review
- Best Buggy & The Buffalo Meets Bugaboo in Leeds
- Bugaboo Donkey Review
- Babyzen Yoyo Review
- Graco Sky Review
- Casual Play Livi - Travel System & Cot
- Britax B-Motion 4 Review by Best Buggy
- Brevi Ovo Twin Review
- Bugaboo Pendleton Collection - 2013 Special Edition
- Graco Evo Mini
- World Down's Syndrome Day
- Babystyle Oyster Max - First Production Model Review!
- Babystyle Oyster Review
- Babystyle Oyster Max at The Baby Show, Manchester, 2012, by Aswalia
- Baby Jogger City Versa GT at The Baby Show, Manchester, 2012, by Aswalia
- Win a BEABA Genève Changing Bag!
- Best Buggy Pushchair Consultancy
- Pushchair Consultancy
- Silver Cross Surf
- iCandy Peach Blossom Twin Review
- Mountain Buggy Terrain (2010 new model with 16" wheels) Review by JBH
- Baby Jogger Summit XC Review by JBH
- Bugaboo Donkey - Duo Mode with Children
- Joolz Day First Impressions Review by ALK
- Bebecar One&Two - First UK Exclusive Review!
- Bebecar One&Two 'Carrycot' Environment Conversion
- Bebecar One&Two with Children
- Bebecar One&Two - Single Mode
- Bebecar One&Two - Tandem Mode
- Hauck Duett Review
- Baby Jogger City Elite Double Review
- Baby Jogger City Select Review
- Bugaboo Donkey - Duo Mode Review
- Bugaboo Donkey Twin in the Snow!
- Bugaboo Donkey - Twin
- Bugaboo Donkey - Mono - with Children
- Bugaboo Donkey - Mono Mode Review
- Bugaboo Donkey Review by Jade
- Babystyle Oyster Max
- Jazz EaSyS Size 1 Review
- First Impressions of the Phil&Teds Promenade by Rachael
- Britax B-Agile Review
- Kidz Kargo Duellette with Children
- Baby Jogger City Mini 4
- Bugaboo Cameleon Review by Elaine
- Silver Cross Halo Review
- Baby Jogger City Mini 4 v's Babyhome Emotion Xtreet
- Baby Jogger City Mini 4 v's Maxi Cosi Noa
- Twins Freestyle Cool with Children
- Twins Freestyle Cool
- Kolcraft Contours
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2 v's Jane Powertwin Pro
- Britax B-Dual Review and Photos by Sarah
- MyChild Sienta Duo with Children
- MyChild Sienta Duo Review
- Baby Jogger City Mini 4 v's Baby Jogger City Elite
- MyChild Pinto with Children
- Uppababy Vista with Rumble Seat Review by Lou
- Maxi-Cosi Mura 3 with Children
- Maxi Cosi Mura 3 Review
- Seed Pli by SLK
- Mountain Buggy Duet Review by SW
- Quinny Senzz Review by SW
- Britax B-Agile v's Baby Jogger City Mini 4
- Quinny Senzz, Baby Jogger City Mini 4, Britax B-Agile, Babyhome Emotion Xtreet, Maxi-Cosi Noa
- Britax B-Dual 2011 Review
- Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem
- Jané Powertwin Review
- Maclaren Twin Traveller Review
- Britax B-Mobile 4 2011 Review
- Chicco LiteWay Review
- Bugaboo Gecko Review
- Silver Cross Halo Review
- Mamas and Papas Pliko P3 Pramette Review
- BabyStyle Oyster Review
- Win a Brand New Quinny Footmuff!
- Uppababy Vista Review by A
- Mima Xari Review by A
- Mutsy 4Rider Light Review
- Mountain Buggy +One
- Phil&Teds Verve Review by PG
- Mountain Buggy +One
- Obaby Apollo Sport Plus Twin Review
- Mountain Buggy +One with Children
- Bumbleride Indie Single v's Baby Jogger City Elite Single
- Easywalker Qtro Review by Zoe
- Hauck Freerider Shop 'N' Drive Video
- Phil & Teds Promenade Photos
- Mountain Buggy +One Initial Review
- Kidz Kargo Duellette Review
- Mamas & Papas Urbo with 3 Year old
- Phil&Teds Promenade
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 v's Mima Kobi
- Joovy Ultralight Caboose v's Joovy Ergo Caboose
- Joovy Ultralight Caboose with Children
- Joovy Ultralight Caboose
- Babyhome Emotion Xtreet v's Maxi-Cosi Noa
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 - Six Month Update Review
- ABC Adventure Buggy v's Babyzen v's Indie v's Qtro v's City Elite
- Recaro Babyzen v's Bumbleride Indie v's Easywalker Qtro v's Baby Jogger City Elite
- Bumbleride Indie v's Easywalker Qtro
- Baby Jogger City Elite v's Easywalker Qtro
- Easywalker Qtro v's Recaro Babyzen
- Baby Jogger City Elite v's Recaro Babyzen
- Maxi-Cosi Noa with Buggysnuggle
- Love N Care TwinGo with Children
- Love N Care TwinGo Review
- Revelo BuggyPod Review by TS
- Uppababy Vista Stroller with Children
- Uppababy Vista Stroller Review
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 - 11 month old & 2.9 year old
- iCandy Peach - Tall & Large Seat!
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 visits Burnby Hall Gardens in Pocklington, York.
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 at Tropical World in Roundhay Park, Leeds
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 in the City of York
- Kolcraft Contours with Children
- 7. A.M. Enfant Blanket Duo for Twin Pushchairs
- Baby Jogger City Select v's Kolcraft Contours
- Uppababy Vista with Rumble Seat Photoset
- Jane Powertwin Pro v's Baby Jogger City Select
- Jane Powertwin Pro With Children
- Jane Powertwin Pro
- Baby Jogger City Mini Double 2011 With Children
- iCandy Pear v's Kolcraft Contours
- Baby Jogger City Select v's iCandy Pear
- Single ABC Adventure Buggy with Top Mounted Toddler Seat with Children
- Out 'n' About Nipper 360 with Children
- Out 'n' About Nipper 360 2009 Review
- Mountain Buggy Duet Review by Katherine
- Mountain Buggy Duet v's Baby Jogger City Elite Double
- Mountain Buggy Duet v's TFK Twinner Twist Duo
- Mountain Buggy Duet - The First Month - by Cat
- iCandy Pear v's iCandy Peach Blossom 2012
- Mountain Buggy Duet - The First Week!
- Maxi Cosi Noa with Children
- Mountain Buggy Duet - Opening the Box
- Mountain Buggy - Duet - Review by Dad of 2
- Bugaboo Donkey Duo Review by Cem
- Phil and Teds Explorer Review by Karen
- Petite Star Zia Review by Karen
- iCandy Apple Review by Karen
- Mountain Buggy Duet - Stormcover by Cat
- Mountain Buggy Duet review by Lisa
- Mountain Buggy Duet Review by Emma
- TFK (Trends for Kids) Twinner Twist Duo at Rise Hall
- Initial Review of the Mountain Buggy Duet by Cat
- Maxi Cosi Noa v's Babyhome Emotion Xtreet
- TFK Twinner Twist Duo Review by Lucy
- iCandy Peach Jogger Review by Joanne
- Out 'n' About Nipper V1 Twin v's Baby Jogger City Elite Double
- Is There Such a Thing as the Perfect Tandem?
- Graco Quattro Tour Duo Review
- iCandy Peach Blossom 2012 at the Fair & Carnival
- Joovy Ergo Caboose Review by Best Buggy
- Seed Pli by Monkey
- Easywalker Duo Review by Best Buggy
- Trends for Kids Twinner Twist Duo Review - First Outing & First Impressions!
- Baby Jogger City Mini Single 2010 Review by Best Buggy